[haiku-development] Re: Fwd: Re: Haiku port status

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:33:01 -0500

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 10:36 PM, Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Understandable, just bear in mind with hard disks, even in this day
> and age we're still talking several milliseconds for every seek/read
> :)

Which when compared to the speed of most processors, it is like trying
to have a race between a snail and a supersonic jet.

I think all those smart guys need to stop trying to make processors
faster with 24 more cores and instead focus on getting the fast
permanent storage issue solved. I thought SSD was the solution for
that, but all the SSDs I've seen or heard about are as slow or slower
than normal hard drives. It's stupid.

Ryan