[haiku-development] Re: Fwd: Post Master

  • From: Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 11:21:24 +0100

Hi Jason,

On 2009-03-28 at 05:55:27 [+0100], Jason Todd Slack-Moehrle
<mailinglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Kenny gives his blessing. I have not used beam.
>
> Could there be collaboration here? Anyone working on beam want to
> contact me?

Sure, it just depends on how that collaboration would look like ;-)

I have been using Postmaster since when it appeared, until some of it's
drawbacks (most of all: lack of speed with folders that contain many mails)
made me start to work on Beam.
I suppose nowadays Beam takes up the role that Postmaster had in its days:
being the alternative to BMail/MDR. The only thing I can think of that Beam
is missing when compared to Postmaster is support for virtual mail folders
(i.e. persistent queries).

So what are your plans concerning Postmaster?
Any chances of bribing you into joining project Beam (on sourceforge)
instead? :-P

cheers,
    Oliver