[haiku-development] Fwd: [HaikuPorts-devs] cmd:flex and cmd:bison

  • From: scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 11:11:38 -0800

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: James Leone <linuxcpa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 12:49 AM
Subject: Re: [HaikuPorts-devs] cmd:flex and cmd:bison
To: HaikuPorts developers discussion list <
haikuports-devs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

That library yylex might not have embedded symbols which if so... neans it
was built against a zlib without the symbols. You can run a readelf -a
against your zlib and the library to start. I suspect  something like that
because if its some function a part of the code it usually refers to the
source file and function within.

If you built zlib make sure it was built with cmake. Ive seem zlib builds
not have symbols and cmake making a difference.
On Dec 20, 2014 2:19 AM, "scottmc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 1:55 AM, scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Seems with some recent changes that we are now going to need cmd:flex and
>> or cmd:bison in a handful of recipes.
>>
>> for example try building coreutils without using the --no-dependencies
>> and you will start running into missing libfl.so.0.2 errors.  Adding the
>> cmd:flex in the failing recipe, then gets you to the next which then runs
>> into the same issue.  I think it was libtool that also needed bison to
>> continue on.
>>
>> So far I've had to add it to coreutils, groff, bison, gettext, libtool
>> and readline.
>>
>> I'm unsure if this is needed so writing this before making any changes.
>>
>> -scott
>>

> and it seems I still can't get coreutils to build, even with cmd:flex and
> cmd:bison and using --no-dependencies.
> Getting runtime_loader:/ boot/system/lib/libfl.so.2.0.0: Could not resolve
> sybol 'yylex'
> resolve symbol "yylex" returned: -2147478780

place for future reference.  Sending this to the haiku-developer's list in
hopes that a solution can be figured out.

Maybe someone can kick the haikuports mailing list server so that it starts
archiving again as well.
I tried rebuilding zlib, but can't do that either due to the same sort of
issues.  Perhaps someone has a better idea of what's going on here than I
do?  And cmake also probably needs the fix(es).

-scottmc