[haiku-development] Re: Fwd: Haiku will no longer boot on MacBookPro (confirmed - r31032 issue)

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:15:03 +0200

On 2009-06-16 at 10:49:22 [+0200], Zenja Solaja <solaja@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Alright, I've completely rebuilt r31031 and it boots fine on the MacBook
> Pro, however a clean/rebuild of r31032 will fail to boot.  The machine
> reboots before displaying the Haiku boot screen, ie. you can only see a
> flashing underscore for a couple of seconds, and then the machine
> automatically reboots.
>
> Changelog of r31032 (http://dev.haiku-os.org/changeset/31032): "Implement
> most of the logic for write support in the GPT partitioning system.
> Actual writing is not implemented though and some key functions aren't
> either.
> Completely untested so far."

I've looked through the changeset. The only real changes with regards to
the existing code is the handling of the freeing of the identification
cookie. There used to be an "efi_gpt_free_identify_partition_cookie" hook
and now it is NULL. Besides that I think the block count calculation was
and still is wrong. It should be "end_block - start_block + 1". That would
also make it symetric with the new "SetBlockCount()" method.

Best regards,
-Stephan