[haiku-development] Re: Funding Idea/Leveraging User Irritation for more funding opportunity's

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 20:07:05 +0200

Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>    Since funding always seems to be a rather substantial problem for
> long term developer contracts. Has anyone considered the idea of
> putting
> a donate button in trac to allow people to donate on specific tickets
> etc ?

I think Matt or Urias had the same idea many months ago. Unfortunately
I can't figure out how to successfully search the freelists archive. Am
I the only one or does their search totally suck?

Anyway, bringing the simple idea to reality needs some plumbing of Trac
and a some donations infrastructure. Maybe with some interfacing to a
service like Kickstart. And people evaluating tickets and patches.
So, as so often, all much easier said than done... :)

Regards,
Humdinger

      Deutsche Haiku News  -  Haiku Gazette
        http://haiku-gazette.blogspot.com