[haiku-development] Re: Funding Idea/Leveraging User Irritation for more funding opportunity's

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 22:17:46 -0400

Urias McCullough wrote:

That's a different concept indeed. If you noticed, I started throwing
small dollar "pledges" at a few select tickets that I personally
wanted to see resolved... I was hoping the idea would catch on, but I
think there wasn't much exposure.

What was also proposed at one point was "voting" for tickets so that
we could ascertain which ones were of the highest value for contracts
and financial rewards. This would also let us decide which tickets are
actually causing the most pain among users.

If we coupled voting with a "pledge" donation system, it could be
pretty interesting perhaps.

- Urias

I could see a happy marriage of the 2 ideas. Right now there is $2000 sitting over at Haikuware waiting for someone, anyone to tackle a Gallium port. Maybe adding Enhancement tickets as a form of bounty might be beneficial. Essentially this is one of those Ideas I hope allows Haiku to hire multiple full time developers and attract new ones.

 I don't think its the silver bullet, but anything is worth a shot.

 Sean