[haiku-development] Re: Friendlier Optional Package installation

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 10:18:42 -0400

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 7:10 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I would argue that there is no place for web interfaces for Haiku
> applications.

For many things I agree but package selection is one area that is
ideal as a web interface.

> While making a web UI is easy, making a good web UI is a lot of work, and in
> many cases even
> impossible. There are countless examples out there, and I'm even currently
> typing in one of them :-)

I won't argue there are a lot of crappy web applications out there,
and many things don't work well as web applications, but this is not
one of those cases.

Actually I have an idea. Who in the C++ camp will take on the
challenge of making a C++ package selector while the HTML camp make
one with Pete's method? Who will be done first? Whose will be easier
to use? Whose will the user's appreciate more?

--
Regards,
Ryan