[haiku-development] Re: Freetype with subpixel rendering [was Re: Re: Removing /boot/common]

  • From: scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 09:37:12 -0700

> This has been something hovering on my TODO list for a while. At this
> moment one would need to compile this manually, but now with package
> management I could look into making a nice package for it.

If/when we move to freetype 2.5 this is now enabled by default.
http://www.freetype.org/patents.html
If there are code changes required in Haiku to make this happen and Ryan
knows what they are, then maybe it's time to move this up on your TODO
list. ;) perhaps in time for the next release?

-scottmc