[haiku-development] Re: FreeBSD network drivers

  • From: starsseed <starsseed@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 20:31:50 +0200

from Ithamar Adema:

Is there any other reason then time/effort that we're tracking FreeBSD 9.x
instead of 10.x for the network driver compatibility layer? There's some
network driver support in 10.x that isn't "back ported" to 9.x, and I would
prefer to simply update the BSD compatibility instead of starting to merge
patches from 10.x into our 9.x base...

Anyway, just wondering if someone tried that already and found some
blocking issues or if it is just a lack of time / motivation

Ithamar.

IIRC some FreeBSD drivers use new kernel functions. (especially the ATH(4) one)

Ifyou want to get an idea of the changes to the compatibility layer, you
may contact Adrian Chadd from the FreeBSD Team for the details. He
has a good knowledge of all the wifi stuff in FreeBSD.

Best regards
starsseed

PS : An Atheros wifi driver update would be much appreciated