[haiku-development] Re: FreeBSD network drivers

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 13:03:28 +0200

On 09.04.2015 12:24, Adrien Destugues wrote:

9 avril 2015 11:22 "Ithamar Adema" <ithamar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit:
Hi,

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 8:52 AM, Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
I don't agree on this, however. USB3 and USB WiFi need a lot more work and
would delay the
release
a lot more. And, there has been little interest from the developers in doing
it, so it's unlikely
we see them soon.

I don't agree on the USB3 part at the very least, I'm starting to look into
that, and although my
requirements are focused on the most common Intel USB3 implementation, I don't
expect it to be too
involved to support more then that. It actually has more priority then the
FreeBSD layer upgrade
(on the TODO list I'm working from) ;-)

Fine, if it gets done, I don't mind including it. The question I was asking myself is
"should it delay the release further than it is already?"

USB3 only delays the release if we all agree we should wait for it. Otherwise Ithamar working on it does not add more delay than any of us who are not working on the tasks we have already identified for Beta 1, no?

Best regards,
-Stephan