[haiku-development] Re: FreeBSD compatibility layer

  • From: "Hugo Santos" <hugosantos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 17:33:22 +0100

Hi,

  In what concerns me, go ahead. I picked 6.2 back then because it was
the available stable version, but it makes perfect sense to upgrade
it. Some parts of the compat. layer could probably use a rewrite
anyway. I tried to re-use as much code from FreeBSD as possible, so
this could be fairly painless in the future, but i'm not sure if my
wish will come true. Maybe some of the pieces regarding device
handling, task queues, etc can be re-used?

  Is Giant still around in version 7?

  Hugo