[haiku-development] FreeBSD compatibility layer

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Haiku Development" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 17:22:16 +0100 CET

Hi there,

as some of you might know, our current layer targets FreeBSD 6.2.
Unfortunately, that thing is already a bit dated, and drivers for many
devices are only available with the upcoming FreeBSD 7 version (they
create the RELENG_7 branch for this on November 14, the final version
is expected on December 12 - IOW I don't expect any API changes in
there anymore).

Since many people are nowadays in touch with that layer, I wanted to
ask if anyone has already started the migration to support the API
changes for FreeBSD 7. At least I would like to start working on it
soon, and I don't like to duplicate any efforts while doing so.

Bye,
   Axel.