[haiku-development] Re: For those who aren't subscribed to [haiku-inc] ML ...

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 20:25:21 +0200

On 2010-09-14 at 09:39:36 [+0200], Adrien Destugues
<pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is too fast. You will not get much feedback after some time,
> besides 'what ? a new release, again ?'. Also, making release on a
> time-base instead of feature-base is not good. What we need is to really
> keep rolling on releases, branching alpha4 as soon as alpha3 is out and
> decide the features for it at the same time. Not just go back to trunk
> and start to mess with random thing in there.

I disagree. The goal is R1, not just the next alpha release. Anything that
is supposed to end up in R1 should go in the trunk. All that doesn't (and
can't simply be disabled/kept out) should go into feature branches. Once
we've reached feature-completeness we create a branch that will the base of
the first beta and ultimately lead to R1.

CU, Ingo