[haiku-development] Re: For a better autoraise

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 08:58:08 +0200 CEST

Brecht Machiels <brecht@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Axel Dörfler wrote:
> > The Deskbar window already has B_AVOID_FOCUS set, so that might
> > also
> > just be a bug in the app_server.
> It doesn't. It has B_AVOID_FRONT. In my mouse mode patch, I did add
> B_AVOID_FOCUS, as this improves behaviour already quite a lot. A
> proper
> API for auto-raise would be very welcome though.

Ah, great, one bug less to worry about - so I just mixed that up then :
-)

> I'm not sure the shake-to-raise will be very handy. The time it takes
> shake the pointer will be pretty close to the delay, no?

Depends on how much you have to shake, I guess. Alexandre will probably
be able to tell once he has done it.

> While we're at it. I dislike the fact that when clicking on an
> appication's submenu title makes the menu closes. Can we make a click
> on
> a submenu title open the submenu if no action is associated with the
> submenu title itself?

Yes, please, that's indeed annoying - we just need to make sure that it
still works for submenus that actually have an item itself (like the
"open" menu in DiskProbe, for example).

Bye,
   Axel.