[haiku-development] Font size sensitive printing UI

  • From: Michael Pfeiffer <michael.w.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 08:44:12 +0200

Hi there,

In order to make the printing related UIs (print_server, preflet, printer drivers) font size sensitive I would like to use the layout managers from Haiku. In its current state the printing stuff can be run on BeOS R5. Using the layout mangers will break the backwards compatibility. Therefore I want to create a branch with the backwards compatible source code. I am not sure about the update policy of the branch. Maybe the printing related changes on trunk should be synchronized to the branch until the release of Haiku R1, then the branch can be deprecated.

Any objections?
Any volunteers to change the UI code? That should be a pretty easy task.

Regards,
Michael