[haiku-development] Re: Follow-up to the "Luposian bug"

  • From: "Rene Gollent" <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 12:50:14 -0500

>  Thanks to all three of you. Both tickets talk of KDLs or error messages on
> boot, which I do not see on-screen, but it does sound like the cause will be
> the same.
>
>  Which revision would you advise on using for now? #2024 mentions r24792? If
> it's already being worked on I'd downgrade and overwrite it.

The KDLs mentioned in 2024 were because of the sanity checks
failing...the new behavior as of iirc 24795 is to mount the volume
read-only instead of failing to mount it entirely, hence no more KDL.
However, when it mounts as read-only you will encounter that it thinks
it's running off a CD.

Regards,

Rene