[haiku-development] Re: Focus Follows Mouse

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:48:25 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:39:26 +0200
> Von: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
> An: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Betreff: [haiku-development] Focus Follows Mouse

> > Yep, that's how i see it too! The thing is switchable anyway. My
> original
> > question was about choosing the best default (an important thing in the
> > beos/haiku philosophy).
>
> Speaking of best defaults... is there support for focus-follows-mouse
> in Haiku ? I can't use any windowing system without it ...
> I'm not sure if it should be enabled by default, but I don't see a
> single case where it gets in the way when doing something or any other
> bad effect... (as long as you also disable raise-on-focus)

You can enable it in the Mouse preflet. Another bad placement of an option
which we inherited from BeOS... I can tell from experience with eXposer users
in the university that enabling it by default will give some trouble. Mostly
people move the mouse away when they want to type something into a window and
then they type elsewhere. They will get used to it eventually, but it's an
unnecessary annoyance. Ingo may chime in with his own set of FFM-gripes.

Best regards,
-Stephan