[haiku-development] Re: Fixing bugs

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 21:40:48 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 21:20:07 +0200
> Von: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>

> On 2009-07-11 at 21:03:45 [+0200], Fredrik Modèen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> take
> > >
> > > Tickets are usually assigned to a default "owner" when they are first
> > > logged. If the person assigned has not commented on a ticket or
> > > otherwise worked on it, you are probably OK in taking it over. Also if
> > > the ticket is still "new", they probably have not looked at it.

To clarify the somewhat inconsistent naming in Trac: When a ticket has been
assigned to someone, be it the default (the component owner) or someone
assigned it to someone, the ticket status doesn't change; it is still "new" or
"reopened". Only when the ticket is "accepted" by a developer, it gets status
"assigned" and can be considered to be worked on by the developer. All other
tickets can be considered fair game. :-)

> It's even ok to take over tickets where there has passed some time after
> someone assigned it to himself or mentioned his intention to work on it.

"someone assigned it to himself" -> "someone accepted it"

> If
> there is no progress (like after 2 or 3 weeks), it's fine to take it over
> or mention your intention to work on it in the ticket comments, or just
> ask
> about the status if you are unsure if you would possibly duplicate work.

+1

CU, Ingo