[haiku-development] Re: Finally deciding on a new source control system for Haiku

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 10:08:53 -0400

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 5:59 AM, Niels Sascha Reedijk
<niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So in line with Ryan's initial message, I second that we should start a vote
> on which DVCS we should focus on next. I will run some time-tests tonight
> performing some operations, as that might be the only factor that really
> could make a difference in someone's aesthetic preferences.

Thanks for the feedback in regards to your reviews of hg and git, and
I am glad to see I wasn't out of line in suggesting a vote soon. Given
you and Oliver have responded I suppose my May 9 deadline can be
ignored and we can just go ahead and have the vote email. I'll send it
out now.

> Having chosen a successor will help in deciding which step to take next.

Indeed, all the talk of GitHub, Gitorious or BitBucket is not really
useful until we have chosen one or the other tool.

Ryan