[haiku-development] Re: Finally deciding on a new source control system for Haiku

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 14:47:21 +0200 (MEST)

Brecht Machiels<brecht@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've seen several independent benchmarks (they should be easy to find),
> and git is indeed the fastest and it's repositories are the smallest.

It doesn't really matter which tool is the fastest at a specific action, but if
the tool's performance is acceptable.
While I guess that git will be faster overall compared to hg, I don't expect it
would be a performance issue to use either tool for our repository.
And while I would usually prefer hg over git, I think the missing hard link
feature of BFS simply disqualifies hg for now. And why not use git then, if it
comes down to preference, anyway?

Bye,
   Axel.