[haiku-development] Re: Finally deciding on a new source control system for Haiku

  • From: "Brecht Machiels" <brecht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 14:42:22 +0200

On Tue, 03 May 2011 14:23:02 +0200, Brecht Machiels <brecht@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 03 May 2011 14:17:49 +0200, Truls Becken <truls.becken@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

According to Linus, git is extremely fast and secure compared to anything else. He is of course biased, but also sounds pretty convincing.

I've seen several independent benchmarks (they should be easy to find), and git is indeed the fastest and it's repositories are the smallest. However, it does have a problem with large binary files (performance-wise), IIRC. But I don't think there are many of those in the Haiku repository.

Performance under Haiku might be different of course...

--
Brecht