[haiku-development] Re: Filesystem corruption and Alpha-1

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 14:28:41 +0200

On 2009-06-23 at 12:02:59 [+0200], Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> In any case, I am using Haiku for all my daily work except for when I want
> to play a game or absolutely need Flash to work in a website. It runs
> without any issues except for the occasional disappearance of e-mails which
> I keep on the IMAP server anyways. My personal feeling is that the ballance
> of annoying and embarassing issues versus a smooth experience has tipped in
> favor of doing the release sooner rather than later. I would like to know
> what other developers and users think.

For me mails disappearing is a show stopper. You're certainly right that
even if all known file system bugs have been fixed, there might still lurk
unknown ones under some stone (or leaf), but knowing that my mails will get
lost frequently and need restoring from the backup is at least a major
inconvenience and not inspiring confidence at all.

Regarding switching to the ATA BM: +1

CU, Ingo