[haiku-development] Re: Filesystem corruption and Alpha-1

  • From: André Braga <meianoite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 20:00:47 -0300

Em 01/07/2009, às 19:38, Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

This doesn't mean the data is gone, and as long as the bootloader
still is there, and knows the offset of each partition, they should
still boot.

I think I remember BeOS working like this, but Haiku won't go past haiku_loader unless the loader manages to parse at least one valid partitioning scheme and detect a BFS superblock. I know that first hand because of my fiddlings with the GPT partitioning scheme.

Which is very funny, since, well, the loader is executed from a BFS volume. :)

Cheers,
A.