[haiku-development] Re: Filesystem corruption and Alpha-1

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 09:44:09 -0700

I haven't run into any of these file system issues, and I've got one system
that's been running for a month now without having to reboot it.

As for switching to ATA, I say lets go for it.  There's still a fall back
for those systems that may not work with it, but the laptop I have that
wasn't working with the IDE driver was fixed over a year ago and now works
fine with either.

One of the issues I can see though holding up the Alpha would be the fix to
wchar.  This affects many of the Optional Packages, so we would need time to
make another pass back through them.  How long this would take I'n not
sure.  I would think we assign certain packages to people and get through
them in under a week though, luckily we've been posting port logs for most
of them on haiku-ports so it should be easy, just need to rebuild them. Just
let us know when the fix is put into place and we'll start rebuilding the
packages.
-scottmc