[haiku-development] Re: FileMapDisk aka IMAGE.BE

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 16:41:23 +0200 CEST

> > > Hmm deadlocks maybe ? Even with O_NOCACHE or whichever, it might
> > > have
> > > issues I'd rather avoid.
> >
> > It doesn't. That was just a bug in the way BeOS worked, apart from
> > the
> > extra layer, there is nothing to worry about.
>
> Fine then, I'll try the simple way first, and slap you if it doesn't
> work ;)

Actually now that I think of it, there is one more reason to bypass the
VFS:
it would avoid requiring all the supported fs addons to have to be
loaded at boot. While for regular systems they will be loaded anyway it
doesn't matter much, on media needing a floppy image it means bumping
up the tgz size...
So ?

François.