[haiku-development] Re: File types

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 19:24:17 -0400

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 6:59 PM, Rob Judd<haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can someone please change file types so that Pe isn't overwriting my default
> application for source code? I'm using BeIDE because I found too many bugs
> in Pe, and anyhow it isn't part of Haiku's core so shouldn't be the
> preferred default application.

While not my preferred source code editor, Pe is preferred by a lot of
the Haiku developers and other BeOS/Haiku application developers.
Though since as you say since it is not really part of the core Haiku
code setting it as the preferred handler for source code may not be
wise. Before making any changes I will let other developer's make
their opinions known.

You could just change that file type on your local checkout to have
BeIDE as the default handler:

src/data/beos_mime/text/x-source-code

On that note maybe we should think about changing that beos_mime
directory name in the repo...

> Also, the following filetypes need to be added to text/x-source-code
>
> .e (Eiffel) and .rexx (obvious)

Done in r30978. I also added .rb (Ruby).

Regards,
Ryan