[haiku-development] Re: FallLeaves Screen Saver

  • From: David Rawson Couzelis <drcouzelis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku Development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 08:21:08 -0500

Thank you for your feedback.

> should be:
>
> int
> cmpz(const void* item1, const void* item2)

Thank you for pointing that out. I'll fix it momentarilly. Even though I used the Haiku coding guidelines page, I forgot to run the checkstyle script. I'll use that, too.

The number of tabs is correct. As for using a resource file, I'm afraid it won't work with a screensaver. See: //www.freelists.org/post/haiku-3rdparty-dev/Screensaver-resources-wont-load

> Maybe you can take a look at the code for Leaves to see how
> the second student ended up making the leaves, this was
> suggested by his mentor Philippe Houdoin. Did you add in
> controls to allow users to adjust settings, such as fall
> speed, colors, rotation etc?

Oh, yes, I studied the source code for all of the Haiku screensavers a lot. I've thought about adding controls to change settings. I think it'll be a fun little project. I think "Speed" and "Number of leaves" and "Background color" would be pretty easy for me to add. I really wanted to make the leaves rotate, but I haven't figured out how to rotate a bitmap in Haiku yet. :( Anyway, I'll start working on it.

> GCC2 add-ons need a GCC2 environment.

I had a silly experience. I was going crazy trying to figure out why my code suddenly STOPPED WORKING. Finally, I realized I used the "setgcc gcc4" command when I was working on another project, but I forgot to change it back. @_@

Thank you,
Dave