[haiku-development] Re: FTP port problem

  • From: Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 06:45:16 +1000

Axel Dörfler wrote:
Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My server tells me it can't open port 21 because it's in use. Anyone know why that would be? I need to get this working so I can transfer stuff between development boxes. Files are too large to email. :)

FTP and telnet are currently launched by default in Haiku. To disable them, you'd have to edit /boot/common/settings/network/services, and remove what you don't like there (or the whole file).

Thanks. I figured it was ftpd but I couldn't see where it was being loaded. Fixed.

Rob