[haiku-development] Re: FAT fix, step 1 questions

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 18:20:15 +0100

Le Sun, 17 Jan 2010 18:10:12 +0100, Romain <romain.haiku@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit:

- Do we want to support FAT12 and FAT16 ?

Yes. But it may be easier to either make them fully separate, or use C++ power and inheritance and make them share code where it makes sense.
Fat32 is more important.
Also, I think there were some things that could be done in OS/2 incarnation of Fat16 and couldn't in Fat32... ask mmu_man about it ? :)

- I reproduce tickets 3690 and 4602 so I will first work on them (did not
try 5103 yet ). How can I assign them to me on trac ?

If you aren't a dev, you can't. Just drop a comment to say you are looking at them.

- From the previous mails it was suggested to rewrite the current code. I
will try to do modifications step by step so that patches are easy to
integrate, and we get fixes faster. This way would avoid me to break
everything and having to wait for a long time before there is something
working. Is that process ok ? Typically I expect that while fixing 4602 I
will write a Volume class.

Don't drop the code. If you think you can clean it up, it's ok.

Note : I don't know much about filesystem API (yet ;)), so I can't say much more on the tech questions...

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
http://pulkomandy.ath.cx