[haiku-development] Re: [FAQ] FAQ #1: CFS and Haiku's new scheduler comparison

  • From: "André Braga" <meianoite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 15:59:50 -0300

On 6/11/07, Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Personally, I think the format you write in is a bit long for mailing
list usage. When I'm checking my email, and I see something that spans
a page, I tend to "mark unread" (if it appears to be something
interesting) and move onto the next email. I don't always get back to
my unread emails, and find that many usually end up never getting
read.

Very fair. I too do that all the time.

If you're looking for interactive discussion on such a large written
work, maybe should should move it to a blog post on
http://haiku-os.org/blog - with a follow up email to this list letting
everyone know it's there, and that feedback is wanted.

Point wholeheartedly taken. But I knew that already (3rd paragraph of the RFC):

"This is going to be a little big, and written in a somewhat
'educational' style, and I'm also telling the whole story of how I got
here, and that's because I intend to break this down in smaller parts
to be posted as blog entries :) If you'd rather cut to the point,
scroll down to PART II."

This would allow people to browse it at will, comment directly in the
blog comments, and it won't disrupt their standard email usage
patterns.

Once again, point wholeheartedly taken. But really, it might just be
because I wasn't sure how the *Haiku developers* at large would
receive it, and I'd rather have the first round of beating to happen
on the confines of the mailing list, rather than expose myself to the
merciless blogosphere right now.

I'm not that confident.

(I'm DEFINITELY not ready to be picked up by the Slashdot crowd as the
reference to realising CFS is a rehash (albeit cleverly implemented
with picking the leftmost element of the RBTree while the original
algorithm seems to use linear search) of stride scheduling)

I'm *SO* not that confident.

Anyhow, just my opinion :)

And I appreciated it very much. Thanks!

See ya,