[haiku-development] Re: Error loading media add-on

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 11:43:58 -0500

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Pedro Pinto <pemdpinto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am trying to create a media add-on. I installed it in
> /boot/home/config/add-ons/media directory and when MediaServer starts it
> logs the message: failed "Symbol not found"  (please see the screen shot in
> attachment).
> I am building it with Jamfile-engine and type "shared". The GCC is the
> default 2.95.3. Does anyone have a hint of what may be the problem?

Sounds like your add-on is missing the instantiation function, which
should be declared as

extern "C" BMediaAddon* make_media_addon(image_id imageID)

and return an instance of the add-on as documented at:

http://www.haiku-os.org/legacy-docs/bebook/BMediaAddOn.html#BMediaAddOn_GlobalFunctions

Regards,

Rene