[haiku-development] Re: Error building crosstools.

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 14:59:15 +0100

On 2008-03-25 at 13:53:12 [+0100], Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> At some point you mentioned that building the crosstools was broken but
> recent commits led me to thing that you have sorted it up. So, just in
> case, I am getting this when trying to compile the crosstools in a
> Ubuntu-based distribution (mixed 32/64 bits):

[...]
> Note that it used to build before your changes.
>
> Ideas?

Can you have a look whether any files have been regenerated in your
buildtools/legacy/gcc tree. Normally those are only the *.info files -- which
should be harmless -- and config.in. If "configure" was regenerated, that
would quite certainly break the build. config.in is regenerated by autoheader
and despite the warnings I've never had a problem with it. Reverting the
generated files and touching them might solve the problem.

This is all pretty annoying, but I don't really have a good idea, how to
avoid this "new auto tools, old configuration" problem. build_cross_tools
could probably touch the problematic files preventatively.

CU, Ingo