[haiku-development] Enforcing gcc2h (was: Alpha 3 : better late than never)

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 19:48:47 +0100

Le 29/05/2011 18:40, Axel Dörfler a écrit :
Jim Saxton<black.belt.jimmy@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
If haiku can do a simple fix that will make these lazy devs
Yes, the simple fix is to stop building gcc4 nightlies. If it helps to
make Haikuware more useful, I think that would be more important than
the additional testing it gets.
They are still useful for testing (finding compiler-dependant bugs, for example), and they'll be built by BOM anyway.
Instead of removing them, maybe wecan start by :
* not naming them haiku-something, but walter-something, or anything else. walter has the nice side effect of moving them to the bottom of the list on the page. * Moving them in a separate place at haiku-files (like haiku-files.org/gcc4) with a big red warning on the page (something like "What you're about to download here is highly experimental and unsupported software, it may not be compatible with BeOS nor Haiku").

It may also be time to actually start using the nice haiku-compatible logo. I made a short draft on howwe might want to use it : https://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/Haiku%20Compatible%20Logo . Feel free to comment or improve. This will help making actuall haiku software stand out in the mess of gcc4 stuff.

--
Adrien.