[haiku-development] Eclipse IDE for cross compilation

  • From: Michael Bridgers <michaelbridgers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 20:54:51 +0000

I have done most of the work to get the Eclipse C/C++ IDE to work as a cross platform development environment for Haiku. I have it running on Ubuntu, and it should not be too hard to get it running on M$oft Windows. There are still a few pieces left to do to be able to do a soup-to-nuts build of Haiku.

Is there interest in having this environment?

If there is, I'll complete the remaining pieces and write an article about how to set things up. If you don't know about the features of the Eclipse C/C++ IDE, you can find out the features here:
http://www.eclipse.org      // main Eclipse page
http://www.eclipse.org/home/newcomers.php     // what is Eclipse
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/CDT         // Main page for CDT
http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/NewIn50     // new features in CDT 5.0