[haiku-development] Re: Dula-booting from WinXP

  • From: "Michael Lotz" <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 00:39:35 +0200

On Sun, 10 May 2009 18:58:08 -0300, André Braga wrote
> The assembly code you posted is, per your own account, copyrighted
> by... whoever currently owns the Be IP. And it's not very flexible
> either. You could probably cook your own by grafting some code from

Or just use the one we already have in our repository for a long time? Like in
http://svn.berlios.de/viewvc/*checkout*/haiku/haiku/trunk/src/system/boot/platform/bios_ia32/stage1.S

It's even pre-built and available:
http://svn.berlios.de/viewvc/*checkout*/haiku/haiku/trunk/src/system/boot/platform/bios_ia32/stage1.bin

To shorten the path of dual booting using the ntloader just put the above file
into windows partition root and set up boot.ini as outlined. Then write the
LBA partition offset (the same as set for the partition in the MBR) to offset
506 of said file using a hex-editor.

Regards
Michael