[haiku-development] Re: Driver Development

  • From: Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 15:00:05 +0100

Alexander Baldeck wrote:
Hey all,

just to jump on the train I have a question I'd like to raise. I now and then stumble across people that develop drivers for Haiku/*Beos but don't seem to merge stuff to trunk very often. Even if I'm mistaken, is there a list of drives that are currently in development or maintained/unmaintained outside of trunk?

Specifically, I'm asking because I am about to get my hands dirty on a usb-audio driver. The one in src/add-ons/kernel/drivers/audio seems to be very outdated and not working at all. :)
Hi, welcome to Haiku :)
I remember someone started working on it, found this mail from Siarzhuk, although i don't know if he's still on it and how far he went.

Best regards,
Alex

Siarzhuk Zharski wrote (01/11/2009):
Hi All!

Looks like some more information about various Standard USB Audio devices will be helpful during my work on USB Audio driver for Haiku. So if you have such device and can run Haiku on some PC with USB support and have some free time to spent it for Haiku - please contact me by e-mail. I'll send you all required files and instructions.

It would be very nice if you load your e-mail message with the output of usb_dev_info tool for this audio device. This tools is a part of Haiku installation. Just run it with the raw USB device path as parameter.
This command can look like this:
usb_dev_info /dev/bus/usb/0/0
Note that you should guess the exact path to your audio device.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
    S.Zharski.