[haiku-development] Re: Do we need non-coders?

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 19:27:59 -0800

On Tue, Feb 03, 2015 at 05:54:59PM -0600, kallisti5 wrote:
> The linux action show put a call out to open source projects to
> advertise for non-coder help.
>
> It might be a good chance to advertise for someone to get less
> technical open source experience.
>
> Documentation, community help, etc.

One talent I think Haiku could use more of is Evangelism!

The more people we can persuade that Haiku is well worth
using, the healthier the project will stay.

I Have the slight feeling that opportunities for showing it off
have faded a bit -- certainly in the Bay Area, where we used to
have venues like OSCon and the Linux picnic to demonstrate it --
but there must still be ways to get it to people's attention.

Maker Faires would probably be one good place.  I was going to
try to mount something for the local East Bay Faire last September,
but I was a bit sick around planning time, so ended up skipping it.
Next year though... But I really could use some help if I do it!

Motivated students would be good, too, as they can show it off
around campus.

        -- Pete --