[haiku-development] Re: Do we need a webstore for HaikuDepot to replace HaikuWare?

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 20:20:18 +0200

On 01/05/2015 12:17, Richie Nyhus-Smith wrote:

How it works for Ubuntu: When a user is at the Ubuntu Apps website and are
visting a page for an application that they wish to download, then they can
click the "Download this with the Ubuntu Software Center" button found on
that page. When a user clicks on this download link, it links to a special
uniform resource identifier (for example: apt://banshee), which opens up
the Ubuntu Software Center. The name of the requested package is extracted
from the uniform resource name and the user can install the software (in
the Ubuntu Software Center) with only a confirmation of their request.

I already started patching HaikuDepot to handle hpkg: URI scheme but I'm
not sure it's that much needed...

François.