[haiku-development] Re: Disruptor Pattern

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 20:37:57 +0100

On 03/14/2012 04:52 PM, Stephan Aßmus wrote:
I've read the paper and it is definitely very interesting. Following

I've read it as well, but either I didn't understand it, or I fail to see something new; using atomic values to maintain the slots of a ring buffer is just a nice implementation of a ring buffer.

Anyway, the Java API looks well thought out, so integrating the C++ port into the Haiku API might make sense, even though it only has limited use.

Bye,
   Axel.