[haiku-development] Disabling subversion repository?

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 18:11:07 +0000

Hello

Since the migration to git, the subversion repositories have not been synced.
At the moment they're 500+ revisions behind -- and arguably more
considering that
now multiple changesets can be included in a single 'git push'.

 * http://svn.haiku-os.org/haiku/
 * http://svn.berlios.de/viewcvs/haiku/

While poking around on the internet, I realized numerous websites still instruct
users to checkout from the subversion repository. This seems like a point of
failure/confusion for newcomers.

Granted at least some of the data on svn.haiku-os.org is still valuable.
For instance the webpositive repository is active and haiku's
branches/, tags/, and vendor/ contain information that may not be
mirrored elsewhere.

Should we proceed to effectively disable accidental checkouts?
Should we edit/remove the project page at BerliOS?

--mmadia