[haiku-development] Re: Disabling Strict Aliasing for GCC4 Builds

  • From: "Curtis Wanner" <katisu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 15:57:47 -0400

Just tried out the gcc4 no optimizations r25000 on a Celeron 400Mhz.  Ran
fine for 2 hours, upon shut down tracker crashed.  Then I put a firewire
card in and did eventually have a KDL, *but* couldn't reproduce it on
further tries.  However, I found that opening deskcalc, creating a
replicant, and then deleting that replicant caused tracker to crash.  This
was very reproducible with or without the firewire card.  I tried a gcc2.95
version of r25042 and did not have this problem.

Curtis