[haiku-development] Re: Disabling CPU disabling

  • From: looncraz <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 13:20:34 -0700

On 10/25/2013 12:48, Fredrik Andersson wrote:
I can admit I haven't looked into the kernel source of Haiku but I can't
imagine it makes the code more complex?

I think the only complexity it might introduce is with the need to handle a rescheduling of all tasks assigned to the now disable CPU/core. But, frankly, I wouldn't handle anything much differently - set a flag that the core is unavailable and stop scheduling new tasks, when the CPU is idled, put it to sleep... the longer it doesn't have any tasks the deeper into the sleep states it should go with the normal scheduler code.

But, I've only glanced at the code changes applied... there may be more at play.

--The loon