[haiku-development] Re: Disable BView antialiasing

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 13:44:00 -0400

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 9:25 AM, Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> And you still have not been able to convince me why any user should
> know about the AA vs. non-AA difference, and more importantly, why
> they should be able to influence this. The problem is a
> developer-problem, they decide how their software works and they
> decide how it is presented.

I agree with Niels on this one, and while I appreciate Stuart's
initiative to define another possible solution for this problem, I
think it is overkill and we should start with the simpler solution.
That simpler solution is the addition of a BView flag to disable AA
drawing, and the relatively easy detection of BeOS apps which can
cause that flag to get set automatically for those apps. If a
developer of a Haiku application does not want AA drawing they will
need to set that flag themselves.

--
Regards,
Ryan