[haiku-development] Re: Device Manager application

  • From: Pieter Panman <pieter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 11:09:53 +0100

Sorry for the delay.

Michael Phipps wrote:
Nice app! I have a couple of small suggestions:

1) Allow sorting of the tree view by manufacturer of the device, as well as category/connection/bus. End users are more likely to know the name of the company that they bought from than the connection or bus.
This should be possible. Sort by name/manufacturer/category/connection/bus should be enough. I might not sort by bus, it is probably not that interesting.
2) Add a tab that shows the driver selected and the location of the /dev entry.
I like this, I will try to add this. The kernel will probably have to register this, I don't think it is done now. Next week :)
Michael
Regards,
Pieter