[haiku-development] Re: Deskbar feature patch

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 19:47:25 -0500

Ingo Weinhold wrote:
On 01/27/2014 10:09 PM, John Scipione wrote:
Please don't implement that suggestion, ctrl+alt+secondary mouse
button drag is not the way to go. I know we do it for windows, but, we
shouldn't.

A better way to implement this would be to change the mouse pointer to
a double arrow when the mouse pointer is over the outer edge
indicating that you can click and drag to make the window wider.

That's what other systems do and IMO they do lose so hard against Haiku in this respect. Having to aim for a few pixels wide resize area is just so tedious.

CU, Ingo

I can hardly remember to tie my shoes in the morning, and now I need to remember one more key board short cut combo, shit i'll have to add yet another sticky note to my already cluttered monitor.

Sean