[haiku-development] Re: Deskbar feature patch

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 11:39:28 +0100

Hi,

On 30.01.2014 11:23, looncraz wrote:
Still, I don't see why there's resistance against a slider...  the
second grabber option also seems quite viable, but is merely aesthetic -
the underlying changes are quite immense for either option.

I for one am not against a slider. The font-size based width could just be a good default, where the slider also does not configure the exact width, but works like a scaling factor, defaulting to 1. So the final Deskbar width is always dynamic from the font size (or even the width of a given string, to account for the fact that some fonts encode more text at the same size) adjusted by the scale from the slider.

Best regards,
-Stephan