[haiku-development] Re: DeskCalc's clipping feature

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 12:56:04 +0100

Humdinger schrieb:
Hi!

You can drag&drop DeskCalc's in/output text field onto the Desktop and get a nice text file with DC's contents. You can also drag&drop that clipping back onto DC and get that old line back. But: creating a text file with a number or a term like "1+2+3" and drag&drop that onto DeskCalc won't work.

Looking at the clippings attributes shows the culprit:

~> listattr /boot/home/Desktop/Untitled\ clipping
File: /boot/home/Desktop/Untitled clipping
  Type         Size                 Name
-----------  ---------  -------------------------------
   Raw Data         20  "_trk/pinfo_le"
   Raw Data        160  "styles"
   Raw Data          4  "_trk/_clipping_file_"
MIME String         11  "BEOS:TYPE"
     Int-32          4  "be:encoding"
     Int-32          4  "wrap"
     Int-32          4  "alignment"

It's a normal StyleEdit-enhanced text file with the additional attribute
   Raw Data          4  "_trk/_clipping_file_"

If I copyattr it onto my test file, it's accepted without complains.

Now: do we really need DC to check for that attribute that apparently signs that the file is the result of a drag&drop action into Tracker?
It looks like DeskCalc's insistence on it is unnecessarily limiting.

I don't think DeskCalc checks for anything. This whole drag'n'drop feature is a result of DeskCalc using a regular BTextView. So that's where the problem may be lurking... :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan