[haiku-development] Re: Design question.

  • From: "Alexander G. M. Smith" <agmsmith@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 17:28:31 -0400

Heh heh, evil laugh - use Git to store all versions of the settings :-)

Though we actually do something like that for the active packages so you can select old installation states from the boot menu.

Maybe in the BMessage, have a boolean flag that says permanent change or temporary change.  The server doesn't save temporary changes to the settings file.  Possibly also have a "reload settings" command to the server that reloads its state from the settings file.  And another one for "default settings" to use built-in defaults.

- Alex

On 2021-03-31 5:15 p.m., fredrik@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

So right now it looks like the settings handling will be moved to the kit.
Changes will be send to the server and saved when it quits.. in there somewhere we will store the old value so we can do a one time undo.