[haiku-development] Re: Demo CD

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 16:35:24 -0800

On 05/03/2008, Thom Holwerda <slakje@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> May I note that AFAIK, those mini CDs do not work in slot-loading
>  drives, which are used quite often these days on laptops.
>
>  I'm not sure about that one, but something to keep an eye on.

Are you positive?

I can't speak for the "e-card" style discs (with the straight edges) -
but I do know that the small audio CDs worked in my slot-loading car
CD player like 10 years ago - as it pulled the disc in, it centered it
automatically and worked just fine.

I can't imagine that slot-loading CD players haven't continued to use
this method since then - and since all regular tray-loading CD players
*still* support these small discs, I can't see how they are simply
impossible to use by the slot-loading players.