[haiku-development] Re: Decorator Changes

  • From: Clemens Zeidler <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 13:52:54 +1200

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 09:02:24 +1200, Joseph Groover <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This is primarily directed at Clemens...

Before we begin, I should show you how I used Stack&Tile in my PhOSDecorator .. super-simple:

SATDecorator is a public DefaultDecorator... I changed it to being a a public PhOSDecorator.

That was it.  Sweet & simple ;-)

Now, with Stack & Tile decorator moved into the app_server I'm assuming this will be replacing the Default decorator??

So what method is to be preferred for inheriting S&T functionality in newly minted decorators?

My intentions are to create a full-featured universal decorator base from which anyone can create any type of decorator with relative ease (so I can make most any mockup real in just a few hours). In doing my decorator base will support memory sharing between each window (will be owned by the add-on itself), which requires further modification of the app_server - so I need to know where we're going, basically...

Stack & Tile is enabled by default now so you don't have to install it in the decorator add-on anymore. The main change is that the decorator has a list tabs now and the decorator must somehow draw these tabs.

This involves many smaller changes in the decorator e.g. to focus a window in the decorator you have to specify which tab to focus.

Thing its still a good idea to derive from DefaultDecorator to start with a working decorator. The changes should be straight forward but let me know if you have any problems or think stuff could be done better!

Regards,
        Clemens